Fear or Faith. Which One Will You Listen To?
Is fear or faith driving your most important decisions?
I recently made a big decision in my business. And I have to be honest, it was a hard decision. I knew that making that decision could potentially hurt my credibility. But I made it anyway. You know why? Because if I didn’t, I would be staying where I was out of fear and not aligning with where I knew I was called to be. Let me say that again, where I knew I was called to be. I could have let my ego and external opinions prevent me from saying yes to an opportunity that in only a short time has literally changed my life. An opportunity that has given me more purpose, more clarity, more health, more happiness, and yes, even generated more money in my business.
And even more daunting, to further add to this hard decision, I set a huge goal for myself over a very short period of time. A goal I had to first believe I was capable of before I even put a plan into action. So often we are praying small. We are setting goals and praying for the things that we can see as possible and we aren’t even touching the surface of who we can be and what can do. We have to stop praying for the things that exist in our limiting beliefs and start praying like we’re depending on Him to show up for us.
“Your faith can move mountains, but your fear can also create them.”
I believe that someone needed me to write this post this week in particular. I believe that someone is on the verge of making a decision that could forever change them, but they’re letting fear of what people might think, keep them from an abundant blessing. I believe that this post is not just true for you, but it is also true for me. I believe that the prayers and desires of our hearts are going to manifest in a way that allows us to grow and bless others. I believe that our path is for a reason and that path has brought us to a place of opportunity that we would have otherwise missed had we been here too early. I believe that we should not be ashamed of our journeys but grateful for the lessons life brings because those lesions make up the very fiber of our being.
What do you believe? Do you believe that you can have what you want or will you settle for the regret of never knowing if that vision God gave you a long time ago could have actually been yours? Will you settle for never trying, never taking action, never investing in yourself, never betting on yourself? Walk in integrity with yourself and let your desires be made known.
Are you listening to fear or faith?
I don’t know your story, but I’m willing to bet that regardless of what you have told yourself, you still have the desire and capability to live out your dreams. All you have to do is say yes and take action. Check out this post I wrote about fear or faith when I taught my first yoga class…
The Bible says that in every work, there shall be abundance, but where there are many words, there is often need.
Stop talking about what you are going to do and just do it! Let’s start right now….
Time to take action. Follow these five steps to get started:
- Put pen to paper, your wildest dreams. Put to paper the stuff you think happens for everyone else but you. Write out what you want your life to look like without judgment, without comparison, just you listening to the desires of your heart.
- Believe. Believe that it can happen for you. Believe that no matter what you see today, your faith, the vision of things not yet seen, will carry you on the days it gets hard, the days you want to quit, the days you struggle. You might have to reinforce this daily, but that’s okay. Put it on sticky notes all over the house, write it in your planner, whatever you need to do, just never lose sight of your belief, never lose faith!
- Know there are multiple ways to achieve what you desire. It doesn’t have to happen just one way, and your path doesn’t have to be like anyone else’s. Don’t waste time on comparison.
- Surround yourself with other like-minded women. Build a community of reinforcements to help drown out the fear and turn up the faith!
- Take one step toward your goal today. You have put it on paper, now do one thing to get your closer to that goal. Every day following, take one small action toward the dreams you wrote out in the first step. If you can do more, great, but if not, every step forward is a step in the right direction.
I know this post isn’t for everyone and to be honest, I didn’t write it for everyone, I wrote it for the women who know they are called to do more than what they are doing now. The women who know they are worth it, the women who care more about their dreams than other people’s opinions. The women who are choosing to live life with no regrets. We have to protect our own dreams and we can’t let everyone in because not everyone is ready. Not everyone will see beyond their fear, not even your closest friends. Your family and closest friends will settle for less than they deserve. Sometimes it’s your family and closest friends, that push their insecurities on you, keep you small so they can be comfortable. You might like this blog post for more on the topic of protecting your dreams.
The dreams you hold in your heart are not fairy tales, they are not only things that happen to other women. They are there waiting for you to say, “Enough! I deserve everything I hold in my heart and I won’t stop until I reap the harvest the Lord has promised me!”
Like this post?
Subscribe to never miss a post and get my ebook, 31 ways to jumpstart a balanced blood sugar and cleanse your body naturally, delivered to your inbox for free!
You'll get my weekly updates and can easily change your preferences at any time.